Students from Wellington High School follow many different pathways during and beyond school. We work closely with other education providers so you can make the choices that are right for you. If you would like to make an appointment to discuss careers advice at school, please contact our Careers Advisor email@example.com
WHS NCEA Information – Includes details on the Guaranteed Entry Scores for university.
Scholarships and Financial Help – Further education scholarships, awards and financial help from the Ministry of Education and from other providers.
Use these websites to find information about Careers in New Zealand. The NZ careers site will give you comprehensive information about career planning and job outlook in New Zealand. The Employment Relations Service gives you information about laws relating to New Zealand workplaces.
These are the websites for all the New Zealand universities. If you are looking to attend one of these universities in the future look at prospective students section of the appropriate university.
- Victoria University
- Massy University
- Otago University
- Caterbury University
- Lincoln University
- Auckland University
- Auckland University of Technology
- University of Waikato
Polytechnic and Institute of Technology Websites
These are the websites for all the New Zealand Polytechnics and Institutes of Technology. If you are looking to attend one of these universities in the future look at prospective students section of the appropriate university.
- Wellington Institute of Technology
- Whitireia Polytechnic
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Waikato Institute of Technology
- Waiariki Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
- Eastern Institute of Technology
- Ara Institute of Canterbury
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Northland Polytechnic
- Open Polytechnic
- Otago Polytechnic
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- Telford Rural Polytechnic
- Universal College of Learning
- Waiariki Institute of Technology
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki
Industry Training Organisation Websites
These are the websites you look at if you are thinking of getting an apprenticeship. An apprenticeship is a contract between you, an employer and an industry training organisation and will get you an industry qualification at level 3 or 4 on the NZQA website.
- Building and Construction ITO – Building, construction, flooring, masonry, glass and glazing, joinery, interior systems, and painting and decorating.
- Career Force – Health and disability support, Social and community support, cleaning, caretaking, and pest management.
- Competenz – Engineering, manufacturing, forestry, communications and media, maritime and rail transport, and other trades (locksmithing, fire protection, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning).
- Funeral Service Training Trust of New Zealand – The Funeral Service Training Trust of New Zealand (FSTT) is the Industry Training Organisation (ITO) for the funeral industry in New Zealand.
- Hairdressing ITO – Hairdressing, barbering, and beauty.
- Infrastructure ITO – Civil construction, electricity supply and transmission, water, and telecommunications.
- Primary ITO – Agriculture, horticulture, sports turf, equine, dairy manufacturing, meat processing, and seafood.
- Motor ITO – Automotive, commercial road transport and logistics, stevedoring and ports, freight forwarding and distribution, industrial textile fabrication, extractives and drilling, gas and petrochemical, protective coating, and resource recovery.
- NZ MAC ITO – Boat building design and manufacturing, composite manufacturing, and marine support services.
- Service IQ – Tourism, travel, retail, hospitality, museums, aviation, and wholesale goods operations.
- Skills Active Aotearoa – Sports, fitness, and recreation.
- The Skills Organisation – Plumbing, gasfitting, drainlaying, roofing, electrotechnology, real estate, financial services, local government, public sector (with some exclusions), security, contact centre, offender management, cranes and scaffolding, ambulance, emergency management, and fire services.
- Wellington Trades Academy Options 2021
Other Education Options
- Youth Guarantee – The Youth Guarantee scheme provides foundation education to achieve NCEA Level 2 or higher to help young people move into further education and the workforce.
- Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa
Generosity is a government funded site that offers access to more than 4,000 scholarships and grants for individuals. This site is a tool for students to research financial support possibilities for tertiary study. We encourage all students moving from school to tertiary training to make use of the site.
1. All students need to sign up using the URL above. Create an account using your school email address, and a password of your choice.
2. You will now need to check your email and/or spam/junk folder for a confirmation email from Generosity.
3. After confirming your account, you can now log in using your school email and generated password.